Warsash Sailing Club Moorings Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for the use of moorings managed by Warsash Sailing Club on behalf of the River Hamble Harbour Master & Crown Estates
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all holders of a Club mooring.
- Agreement to these terms and conditions is a condition of the tenancy of a Club mooring (i.e. as a Club Mooring Holder). Furthermore, any use of a club mooring by an applicant/mooring holder will be deemed acceptance of the current Terms and Conditions, which are published on the Club website.
- The period of tenancy is from 1st January to 31st December each calendar year. Full payment or payment arrangement through GoCardless of the annual fee must be made by 31st December before the start of the tenancy period. If you already have a Club mooring, then a mooring will be automatically allocated to you each year, there is no need to re-apply. By renewing you confirm that you have 3rd Party Insurance to the minimum value of £3 million as required by the River Hamble Harbour Authority, the Crown Estates and Warsash Sailing Club Byelaws.
- Club members have the option of paying the annual fee in monthly instalments starting 1st January but remain responsible for paying the full annual fee.
- A Club Mooring Holder can relinquish their mooring at any time during the year, in writing, until the 31st October. No refund will be given unless the Club is successful in reallocating said mooring. At the discretion of the Treasurer an Administration fee, to be determined by the Executive Committee, may be deducted from any refund given.
- Club Mooring Holders giving notice between 1st November and 31st December will be liable for two months mooring fees from the date on which notice is given except where the mooring is re-let for that period or part of, plus an Administration fee, to be determined by the Executive Committee.
- Nonpayment or non-setup of payment arrangement through GoCardless by 31st December before the start of the tenancy period, will be interpreted as the Club Mooring Holder having given notice and thereby agreeing to vacate the mooring immediately. The Club Mooring Holder will be liable for two months mooring fees from the 1st January, except where the mooring is re-let for that period or part of, plus an Administration fee, to be determined by the Executive Committee.
- It is the Club Mooring Holder’s responsibility (i.e. not the Club’s) to ensure that the allocated mooring is suitable in depth and length for his boat type, particularly so for swinging moorings, and to regularly inspect the rising parts and ropes and to advise the Club immediately of any defects or wear. If such damage or wear is likely to make the mooring unsuitable, then the Club Mooring Holder should remove the boat to a safe place.
- The Club, through its contractors, services the moorings and conducts all maintenance and repairs, replacing chains, shackles and lines where appropriate. Should any “consumable” part of the mooring (e.g. pick-up lines) become damaged or lost during a tenancy, then the Club Mooring Holder will be invoiced for the cost of replacement.
- All moorings are let and charged on an annual basis. Only those persons taking up a mooring for the first time will be charged pro-rata for the time remaining in that year. For the avoidance of doubt, those relinquishing a mooring and then applying for a new mooring partway through the following year will be charged at the full annual rate. Moorings must remain vacant until full payment has been received or payment arrangement through GoCardless of the annual fee has been confirmed by WSC accounts.
- A Club Mooring Holder who sells his boat during the year can apply to the Moorings Administrator to retain and transfer the mooring to the new owner, subject to priority being given to Club members on the waiting list. In such an event no refunds will be given. The new owner must complete an online mooring application and signifying agreement to the Club’s Terms and Conditions.
- Where a boat must be removed from a Club mooring to the Harbourmaster’s visitors’ berth due to nonpayment of the annual fee, the boat owner will be responsible for all related charges, including removal and storage of the vessel. Such removal and subsequent storage will be handled by a professional boat yard at the boat owner’s cost.
- Moorings are allocated solely by the Moorings Administrator and subject to continuing availability. The allocation can only be confirmed by WSC accounts upon full payment or payment arrangement through GoCardless of the annual fee.
Updated: 13th October 2023